Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hussar WIP. For the Motherland.

Hi,

Just a WIP of the hussar unit I'd primed up last post. I'm going to do this first unit as the 10th Hussars, who served in the Peninsula as late as 1813. I'm reasonably pleased with how it's turning out.

025

028

027

One thing I've been noticing is a bit of tension as I paint, between the style I tend to use for 28mm and what I developed for 15mm. The latter is really an extention of how I learned to paint 6mm - bright colours, high contrast, exaggerated details. The former is much more subtle. These 1/72 Italeri / Revell figs have been lovely sculpts, rewarding the 28mm style, but will ultimately rely on the mass impact I associate with 15mm stuff. I'm curious to see how my style changes as I continue this project.

On other fronts, these arrived in the mail today, by way of Bartertown:

024

That's a Greylord Ternion and 10 (yes, 10) MoW Shocktroopers. With the 'jacks that came in last week, that works out to over 35 points of Khador silliness. Any suggestions as to a warcaster to go with these brutes?

4 comments:

  1. Very nicely done! I'm currently (slowly!) painting the same figures as the 2nd Hussars. Your style certainly shows up these lovely figures very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painted rider FMB! Go on!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete