Sunday, May 20, 2012

Marechal du France et les autres

Hi,

I'd finished up my officer bases in time for last week's game of Maurice, so I figure it's about time they get a post of their own.

First up is the redoubtable Marquis d'Escarbrie, Marechal du France, commander of l'armee du Nord, and all-round gentleman.  And his staff.

007

008

Next are the various division commanders.  These guys were painted up as force commanders for Might and Reason, but I'll be using them in Maurice as notables.

009

010

Where accompanied by an infantryman, they were intended to mark an infantry force commander, where they have a mounted adjutant, they were for cavalry forces.  In Maurice, I'll likely use the infantry commanders as marker for the heads of columns.

011

013

014

015

I have to say, the SYW generals from Baccus really are lovely little figs.  There's so much detail packed into them that  the only problem I had was identifying which bit was what!

016

017

019

018

When I used these figures as officers (on unit bases) I painted them in variations of the regimental uniform.  For the senior commanders, however, I tried to stick to the uniforms mandated for senior command around the beginning of the SYW.  While I've no doubt there was some variation in the field, I'd no references other than the "official" uniforms, so I figured to play it safe.

020

021

022

023

I've got another game of Maurice scheduled for this Wednesday.  I'm thinking about trying a different set of national advantages out.  We'll likely be starting a small campaign at the club in a week or two, and I'm trying to find a set that "feels right" for the French.

FMB



4 comments:

  1. Really nice detail work. It looks like you used highlighs on 6mm!

    Thanks to you & Sgt. Steiner's writeups on Maurice, I put an order for the rules last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! It really is a terrific game. Oddly enough, I just noticed someone on the Maurice forums in the twin cities area looking for local opponents - you might want to take a look (you are in the area, right?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got my copy too! Please keep sharing your games!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking command stands...and very nice blog too! Great work.
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete