Saturday, October 4, 2014

There you go, going on about class again . . .

Hi,

Been a bit loner than planned since the last post.  A family-wide visit from Father Nurgle, plus general business, kept me from doing as much as I wanted.  I did, however, get these guys finished up.

IMG_4450

IMG_4451

IMG_4452

These are Mounted Yeomen and in my list will serve as charge redirectors / warmachine hunters / cannon fodder.  They're also some of my favourite figs in the range.

IMG_4454

They are, I think, Perry sculpts, from about 5 editions ago.  Rumors abound that Gdub is releasing the new Bretonnian book soon.  Soonish.  At some point, anyways, and these guys, as some of the older metal figures, are liable to get the plastic treatment, much to my chagrin.

IMG_4456

IMG_4457

I used a mix of shields for these guys, including some plastic ones from the 5th edition Bret / Lizards box, shaved down.  Seemed appropriate.

IMG_4459

IMG_4461

Love these guys, so much character.

I've been modelling / converting up a suitable Lord to kick off the jump to 1500 points.  I also need to get around to flocking and otherwise finishing the basing on the first 1000 points.  Plus, there's some Massachusetts militia staring at me accusingly from the prep shelf.  All in good time, my pretties, all in good time.

FMB

8 comments:

  1. Terrific painting, Marcus! I like your unifying colors. Being Perry sculpts, they do have loads of character. You're making it very hard not to get sucked into WH fantasy. THANKS for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Monty. I find the knights are such a riot in a paint factory, I need to do something cohesive with the peasants. I actually do something similar with them to what I do with my orks - consistent palette, but placed differently on each model.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bags of character in these FMB, lovely job Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bloody nice paint job on those faces.

    Don't feel bad about a gap in posting, we understand real life is more important.than blogger life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, really nice. Love the muted colours on these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely job on those. Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete