Friday, April 19, 2019

Psiloi


Hi gang,

As this weekend we have both Geequinox (the smaller of the two "geek" conventions that happen in town) and Easter, both of which tend to be pretty time consuming at Chez Monkey, so not likely to get a chance to post on the weekend.  I figured a day or two early wouldn't hurt.

I seem to be on a historical jag, so I dug out the Spartan psiloi that have been gazing accusingly (if stoically) at me from the shelf for some time, and got them finished up.  They're based for Impetus.


IMG_0726

IMG_0727

These guys are all, I think, Xyston 18mm, a range I come to appreciate more and more every time I paint them.

IMG_0728

IMG_0729

With these two units finished, I've got two Spartan phalanx, an allied phalanx, a unit of horse and peltasts, and three skirmish units.  Probably looking at more hoplites, especially allies, but it's starting to pull together as a small, but coherent force.  I've used integrated command on the bases, largely, but may treat myself to a command stand or two as well.


FMB

10 comments:

  1. These look great, Markus! Are you using a stain after painting is complete?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jonathan. I'm not using a stain, just building up from a black undercoat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finish on these chaps,they look great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work, if I hadn't known, I'd have guessed a larger scale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see the face of a Spartan that was staring accusingly and stoically at the same time. Only a Spartan could pull that off. I found that bit funny.
    Nice figures! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely painted work Mark! The flocking of the base looks great too!

    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Xyston do some lovely figures, nice work there.

    ReplyDelete