Sunday, May 16, 2021

The big boys

 Hi all,

I found myself needing a beak from painting 28mm, and turned, perhaps predictably, to 6mm, specifically my Napoleonic Russians.  

IMG_5363

I painted up a brigade of grenadiers.  The Russians fielded both dedicated grenadier regiments, and converged.  This brigade is made up of battalions from the Moscow and Kiev grenadier regiments.

IMG_5364

Along with the grenadiers, I also painted up my first brigade of cuirassiers, made up of squadrons from the Little Russia and Novgarod regiments.

IMG_5365

As with all of my units, these are based off of those that operated in the 1813 campaign.

IMG_5366

As I was wrapping these up, the Victrix Vikings arrived, and promptly took over my hobby desk.  I've put together several, and will have a post on them soon.

FMB

14 comments:

  1. Great to see you back to 6mm Napoleonics. Lovely stands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Jonathan - just realized I need to clean up the flag edges.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Was feeling a little rusty, as it's been a while, but they turned out all right, I think.

      Delete
  3. Great looking Russians in this grand scale, Markus! I had considered doing Russians in this or similar scale when Warlord released their plastic ACW 13-15mm range - hoping they'd do Napoleonics too. Alas, I got impatient and succumbed to picking up 28mm Russians from Perry instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's any consolation, I have to remind myself daily not to cave and do 28mm napoleonic skirmish . . . ;)

      Delete
  4. If one is going to do the little guys, THIS is the way to do them!

    (So... that's not fancy white lace trim on the flags?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, no - but thanks for the vote of confidence ;)

      Delete
  5. Good job on the Russians.
    It’s just like Vikings to take over wherever they land. I’m interested how you found putting them together as they looked a little fidily to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main fiddly bit is that some bodies only take certain parts; once you get a handle on which ones are "special", it flows pretty smoothly.

      Delete
  6. Absolutely splendid looking units Markus.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, James! They're always fun to put together.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous looking Napoleonic Russians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete