Thursday, April 26, 2012

31ieme Artois

Hi, Another finished unit for the French SYW project (and Thursday's post), the 31st Artois infantry regiment. These are basic, run of the mill infantry in the French army. If I recall, I have one more of this class to do in the "build plan".

  031

I think I was burning out a little after painting the de Claire, as the close up here shows a little less detail definition than I'd like. Most of my painting time is in the evening, and occasionally, a combination of fatigue and "giterdun" has an impact.

  032

 As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm off visiting the Cub for a wee bit, so painting progress is more or less at a standstill for the next week or so. I've got one more unit I can post up, and some ideas on an "army builder" type post, so should have stuff for y'all to read until the painting queue picks up again.

  033

 When I get back, I've got commanders (for both Impetus and M&R) to do, and then should be posting some army "glam shots". Until then, enjoy.

 FMB

2 comments: