Thursday, September 27, 2018

Maggots

Hi all,

More Middle Earth, as I seem to be on a kick with this game.  My Rohan Battle Company has expanded faster than I can keep up with painting, so to while away the time in between, I've started up a Mordor (i.e., orc) BC in lieu.

IMG_0412
A different set of Boyz than usual.


They were surprisingly challenging to paint, in that the palette one usually sees with orcs (at least in ME) is rather drab.  Getting a range of distinct colours on the models, while keeping them relatively desaturated, was tougher than I anticipated.  It kind of brought home the extent to which I rely on colour to define models on the table.

IMG_0413

By the time this goes up, I'll have had some games with them, but it should prove an interesting shift from Rohan.  The latter are an extremely balanced / all-round force in game, while orcs seem to rely more on combat and numbers.  Time will tell what suits my play style better.

FMB

7 comments:

  1. Nice maggots FMB, takes me back to when I played!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking mob! The metalwork and muted colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look terrific, excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good eye for colour and excellent brushwork as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice collection of orcs. Your LoTR posts are really tempting me to get some of my own going. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work - they're a nasty looking lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely clean painting on some nasty dirty orcs!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete