Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Shield Maiden, shields of the maiden

Hi all,

Some more Rohan figures finished up, including my first hero, Eowyn, Shieldmaiden of Rohan.

IMG_0380

IMG_0381

Eowyn is one of my favorite characters in LotR; her stand against the Witch King is the stuff of sagas.  In the LotR SBG, she serves as a cheap hero with decent might, i.e., a force magnifier, rather than a beatstick in herself.

In addition to Eowyn, I also finished up another five warriors of Rohan.  This brings me to an even dozen.  As I write this, that's enough to fill out my first "warband" for the army (each hero "unlocks" up to 12 regular warriors), but early previews of the new edition suggest that how armies are structured may have changed.

IMG_0378

IMG_0377

The box set is due to release Sept. 1, so I should have my hands on some riders, as well as some orkish opposition, soon enough.  In the meantime, we've got a Battle Companies campaign up and running, so hopefully I'll post some AARs soon.

FMB

10 comments:

  1. I really like the subdued colors you used on these figures. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like the colours too. Great job, and they look the part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid, love the colors too, subtile and very nicely done...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finish on these old but good finish, the metallic finish is particularly good!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eowyn is one of my favorite characters too. 😀
    These Rohan guys look great.

    ReplyDelete