Saturday, June 27, 2020

Reinforcing Russians

Hi all,

Finished up a cavalry base for my Blucher Russians.  This is Lanskoi's brigade at Lutzen, composed of the Alexandria, White Russia, and Soum Hussars.

IMG_4110
Uniforms were grey, black, and blue.  A somber lot, this.


Tried something a little different with this base, going for a larger number of "unit clumps" composed of a smaller number of figures.  Not sure if it sells the effect as well as the last base I did, but it's growing on me.

IMG_4111
Turns out, 6mm pelisses (pelissae?) are kind of cute.


In Blucher, there's only two categories of Russian cavalry (three, if you include cossacks), heavy (guards and cuirrassiers) and "not-heavy", which seems to include dragoons, hussars, uhlans, etc.  I figure by sticking to an all Hussar brigade, I can run these as "lights" in any game with more granular distinctions between units.  I'll admit, I am tempted to do up a mixed cavalry brigade at some point, although the Russians seem to have mostly brigaded their cavalry by weight.

Some AoS/40k stuff is likely next, and then more historicals.  Until then, stay well.

FMB

17 comments:

  1. Fine looking stand, Markus, and painting on these little horsemen is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look very nice on this stand a big plus

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Russian hussars had some of the loveliest uniforms of the period. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, James. They were pretty fun to paint. I'm enjoying how the Blucher bases let me put different units on the same element.

      Delete
  4. They look great.
    I do like the effect of small groups on the bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Paul! I'll keep playing around, and try different compositions.

      Delete
  5. Great job! I like the figures in clumps, looks a little less regular.
    Tiny horsemen are kinda cute I guess. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid looking Russian hussars! Teeny tiny pelisses! Lovely!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great painting Markus!
    We love 6mm!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very impressive content writing work, i like to read more from you and have some useful security links to share:

    mcafee.com/activate
    www.mcafee.com/activate

    ReplyDelete