Monday, January 11, 2021

In command

 Hi all,

Happy New Year!  Production has been a little slow over the last week or so, as the holidays gave way to frantic preparations to get back to work (and get caught up on everything that piled up while I was on holiday).  I did, however ,manage to finish up a command stand for my Scots covenanters.  This will serve as a brigade commander for Pike and Shotte, and a force commander for Pikeman's Lament.

The figs are all from Old Glory.  The mounted fellow is one of the Leslies, though I'm not clear on whether it's supposed to be David or Alexander.  The fellow with the flag is one of their foot command, converted to hold a pike.

IMG_5112

I also added in a spare mustketeer, to fill out the base.

IMG_5113
I'm quite enjoying the OG figures.  They're a little chunkier than the warlord figs I got for Christmas, but with loads of character and detail.

IMG_5114

My experience with the OG15s I painted for ancients was that they looked so-so in bare metal, but "painted well", and my experience with their 28s has been similar.

IMG_5115

Fairly chuffed with how this turned out.  I'm picking away at another musket stand now, and will then be one stand away from a core force of infantry for Pikeman's Lament.

IMG_5111

FMB

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jonathan. It's based around GW Thousand Sons. One of my faves.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers, Ross. I may have to give him that name ;)

      Delete
  3. Cracking job, a splendid vignette...and a gorgeous flag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phil. I have to work on the lettering a little, but that's just a matter of practice.

      Delete
  4. Excellent brushwork, gotta love the flag though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid looking command stand and I agree about OG painting up better than they look in bsre metal!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Iain! They tend to have a lot of character, too.

      Delete
  6. Lovely command! Excellent plaid work too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year! And the command stand looks great! Nice job all around. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stew - and happy New Year to you, as well!

      Delete
  8. That looks splendid. As Jonathan noted, the blue jumps off the screen at you; beautiful.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete