Saturday, June 13, 2020

Russians. Yes, those Russians.

Hi all,

Finished up another unit of Russian line for Blucher.

IMG_1615

This brigade is made up of battalions from the Volhynia and Tobolsk regiments.  Per my usual approach, the growing list is based on an oob from an actual period battle (Lutzen, in this case), but I'm not setting out to specifically recreate that battle.

IMG_1616

I used some of the "skirmishing" figures I picked up in my last Baccus order on these.  Actually not sure whether I prefer these guys in their "action pose", or just more fellows marching.  We'll see if they grow on me.  Next up for the Russians will be some Hussars.  Going to try a slightly different approach with them than I did with my dragoons;  we'll see how it turns out.

FMB

17 comments:

  1. Lovely looking Russians, great flags and basing!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Iain. I do like the oversize flags - they look good in games on the table.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Vasiliy, the error is mine - I'm working off an Osprey OOB that lists the regiment as "volhynia". I've edited the post - thanks for catching the mistake!

      Delete
  3. Looking at this, I have to admit that there is a lot to be said for the little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good looking base of infantry!
    I feel like I should be making a joke about you rushin around to different hordes of Russians in a rapid fashion. Maybe with Rush playing in the background but I can’t quite pull one together. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb, truly superb, love the mass effect and the flags...

    ReplyDelete