Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Special edition

Hi all,

I was one of the lucky million or so who jumped on the first Bones kickstarter - the one that went crazy and broke all records for everything, everywhere ;)  My rationale, at the time, was that it would give me a big pile of minis I could dole out to the kids as they got older.  Lo and behold, of late both the Cub and Puddin' have taken an interest, and been trolling through the big box of goodness for projects.

IMG_0408

Cub was so chuffed with his latest work he asked me to do a blog post on it.  He took a shine to the griffon model that had been included in the set.  As he was painting it, however, he also started cooking up a back story, and soon enough, had another figure on the go as well.

IMG_0409

The idea, evidently, is that the wizard is a shapechanger, and so both the griffon and the wizard are the same person.  Not sure if you can see in the picture, but the eyes on both are painted the same - which I thought was a rather nifty.  Used the same colour palette for both too, which was a nice touch.

IMG_0410

Puddin's been painting as well - a mod to one of her My Little Ponies, and a bunch of mice (actually, giant rat models, but I hadn't the heart to tell her).  Moreover, the Cub has taken an interest in Middle Earth SBG Battle Companies, so we'll be heading down together to GW to get in some games.  Looking forward to it.  My long-term plans for inter-generational geekiness are finally coming to fruit  ;)


5 comments:

  1. Good for you! I’m glad the inter generational plan is working! Cub and Puddin must be older than my little ones but I’m also in the process of grooming them toward geeky ness. Especially the girl. Nice paint job on those models. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent stuff! The colors on the Griffon came off quite well. My son lost the interest for painting, but does let me paint up his character models for DnD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudo's to the cub indeed. He has earned the right to be Chuffed!

    It does sound like the long term plan is unfolding as it should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking pair of figures, you can see there is a relationship,we well done!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work, you must be proud and it's great to see their interest blooming

    Ian

    ReplyDelete