Perhaps predictably, the planned test game of HoW isn't going to happen this weekend (the slow crucifixion that is grading having intervened), but I did finish up a unit of Hanoverian line, the regiment Dachenhausen.
|For some reason, every time I look at them, I think of toothpaste.|
These are actually the second Dachenhausen horse I've done up, the first unit being their dragoon complements (seen here). Unlike the other, these guys are done is a fairly distinctive minty / apple green. Nifty, though it blends in a bit with my basing.
|I am still chuffed by the oversized flags. Accuracy be damned ;)|
The completion of this unit also tapped out the flags I'd prepped, so I spent a little bit of time this morning putting together another sheet of flags. Kronoskaf has been invaluable for this - if you're into the 7YW, and have yet to come across this gem, I'd highly recommend it.
|I might need to drybrush the base a bit more - I find it blends out, at least in photos.|
|Somewhat counter-intuitively, they are mintiest from behind.|
I also made a small buy at Baccus to flesh out a few missing bits from the lead pile (I know, I know). Along with limbers and such, I picked up a bag of highlanders, because apparently the idea of going blind painting tartan in 6mm is appealing. I did this once before, about 12-13 years ago, and am vaguely curious if I can do it again. Time will tell.
In the meantime, I have some guns and officers on painting sticks, to keep me occupied through the week. While I'm still hoping to get in a test game, time will likely be short in the next several weeks. End of term + Christmas prep = busy monkey. Worst case, I'll keep painting, and maybe get some time for a game over the holidays - I might even be able to talk the sprogs into helping out.